Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career they will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help them build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. They challenge themselves to create an inclusive way of working where they are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring their authentic selves to work.
They are looking for
SoC Verification Lead, Processor Subsystem
The team you’ll be part of
Their Mobile Networks Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G they have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN). You will be part of their Digital Front End (DFE) ASIC team where more than 100 professionals are working on Nokia ReefShark family of System-on-Chips (SoC)
They are responsible for custom silicon which is a key element in their strategy to gain technological leadership in 5G networks. They work with state-of-the art tools and have access to latest silicon technologies. Their team is diverse with different nationalities represented. Working language is English.
What you will learn and contribute to
You have a passion to learn more, and you are excited doing a variety of different kinds of SoC related tasks as part of your job. You are always ready to share your knowledge and skills among the people you work with. You are a team worker but also efficient on independent tasks, and your English language skills allows you to communicate efficiently in our multicultural environment.
Your skills and experience
They are looking for an engineer with an expert level of experience in RTL verification activities. An engineer who can: define verification strategies and methodologies for projects; plan, coordinate and lead verification people; efficiently utilize System Verilog and UVM in test environment and VIP development; guide, teach and support less experienced verification engineers in debugging our SoC or IP design and architectures, e.g. in Digital Radio Front End (DFE) area. A person who can act as verification lead in their SoC top-level and Processor Subsystem activities.
You have a hungry mind to learn more and you are excited doing a variety of different kinds of design and verification tasks as part of your job. You are always ready to share your knowledge and skills among the people you work with. You are a team worker but also efficient on independent tasks, and your English language skills allow you communicate efficiently in our multicultural environment.
Main responsibility area:
As a member of SoC DU organization you will participate to RTL verification within your responsibility area. You will also have the responsibilities in: specifying features and creating verification plans, developing test environments, creating test cases, running simulations, analyzing and debugging the design, reviewing documents, and creating verification documentation for a SoC & Processor Subsystem area.
They expect you to have:
- Leading System-on-Chip or IP verification activities or a team
- Preparation and review of related verification strategy, plans and other documents
- Review of functional, design and verification specifications for SoC/IP
- RTL verification environment and VIP development
- Test case development, running regressions and debugging
- Prepares and reviews System-on-Chip development documentations and application documents
- Cooperate with system engineers, HW/SW development, suppliers and other relevant functions to solve technical issues for quality.
- Supporting other RTL verification, integration and prototyping teams
- Support HW/SW Bring-up and debug
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Over 9 years working experience in RTL verification
- Good understanding of digital signal processing and related mathematics
- Verification experience in areas like CPU’s, interrupts, AXI, bus/cache, IO’s, DRAM controllers
- Expert with SystemVerilog and UVM, a few years of verification specialist/lead experience
- Understanding VHDL/Verilog language and design debugging methods. Assembly skills seen as a benefit.
- Excellent knowledge of SoC (ASIC/FPGA/low level SW) design and verification tools.
- Basic understanding of Cellular networks and 2G, 3G, LTE and 5G technology
- Team and people management experience
- Fluent spoken and written English
What they offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes for up to 3 days a week remotely or even permanent remote working agreement within Finland, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
On their Oulu site, Home of Radio, they have gym with sauna and possibility to take part in group exercises e.g., kettlebell, fitness boxing or body care classes. You are included in our incentive plan and are accompanied by your own Buddy throughout your On boarding process. Not to mention the support provided by your multinational team members. For senior positions we offer Company Car Benefit, and their international hires are supported with an extensive relocation package. In addition, they offer 3 month paid leave for a newborn or adopted child´s parent and extensive learning possibilities to extend your professional skills to the desired direction.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognition for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, they act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nokia is committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
We look forward to receiving your application!