Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
We are looking for
SoC Technical Specialist.
The team you’ll be part of their Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G they have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN). You will be part of their Digital Front End (DFE) ASIC team where more than 100 professionals are working on Nokia ReefShark family of System-on-Chips (SoC).
What you will learn and contribute to
You have a passion to learn more, and you are excited doing a variety of different kinds of SoC related tasks as part of your job. You are always ready to share your knowledge and skills among the people you work with. You are a team worker but also efficient on independent tasks, and your English language skills allows you to communicate efficiently in our multicultural environment.
Your skills and experience
We’re looking for experienced technical expert for SoC, who have 8+ years of background from development of ASICs. You’ll be working with latest SoC based technologies for 5G base stations. As part of your daily work you will solve complex technical issues with your project colleagues.
As a member of SoC organization you can focus on Processor Subsystem digital design area. You can participate from outlining SoC system design all the way up to SoC validation in a lab. Your tasks can include for example following:
• Technical expert for PSS (Processor Subsystem)
• Preparation and review of functional and design specification for Processor Subsystem
• Verifying logic functionality and code design/implementation.
• RTL design of PSS subsystem related IP functionality from top-level down to block level
• Support HW/SW Bring-up and debug
We expect you to have
• A strong background in architecture and specification work related to ASIC or Processor Subsystems
• Strong hands-on experience from SoC development and several years of VHDL/Verilog coding experience
• Ability to understand and handle bigger entities and dependencies between them
• Ability to see the forest from the trees in complex technical issues and explain them to project colleagues.
• Complete understanding of the SoC design flow and process.
• Good knowledge of ARM Architectures, ARM Development, Digital Signal Processing (DSP), DSP Algorithms, DSP Architectures
• Knowledge of interfaces, interconnect
• Knowledge of Debug and Trace Architecture and Infrastructure
It would be nice if you also had some of these skills:
• Master’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent
• Good understanding of digital signal processing and related mathematics
• Understanding VHDL/Verilog language and design debugging methods
• Good knowledge of SoC (ASIC/FPGA/low level SW) design and verification tools.
• Basic understanding of Cellular networks and 2G, 3G, LTE and 5G technology
• Fluent spoken and written English
What Nokia offers
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes for up to 3 days a week remotely or even permanent remote working agreement within Finland, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs, and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
On their Oulu site, Home of Radio, they have gym with sauna and possibility to take part on group exercises e.g. kettlebell, fitness boxing or body care classes. You are included to our incentive plan and are accompanied by your own Buddy throughout your Onboarding process. Not to mention support provided by your multinational team members. For senior positions we offer Company Car Benefit, and their international hires are supported with extensive relocation package. In addition, they offer 3 month paid leave for a newborn or adopted child´s parent and extensive learning possibilities to extend your professional skills to the desired direction.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. They are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
We look forward to receiving your application!