Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. Nokia challenge themselves to create an inclusive way of working where they are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
Nokia is looking for
VERIFICATION ARCHITECT to SoC DU organization.
The team you'll be part of
Nokia 's Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G they have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN). You will be part of their Digital Front End (DFE) ASIC team where more than 100 professionals are working on Nokia ReefShark family of System-on-Chips (SoC):
They are responsible of custom silicon which is a key element in their strategy to gain technology leadership in 5G networks. They are working with state-of-the art tools and have access to latest silicon technologies. Their team is diverse with different nationalities represented. Working language is English.
As a member of SoC DU organization you will participate to verification architecture definition as your main responsibility area.
Main responsibilities include:
Specifying verification architecture, defining overall reuse methodology, guidelines for detailed feature extraction and verification planning. In addition, you will participate to: developing test environments, creating reusable test cases, running simulations, analyzing and debugging the design, reviewing documents, and creating verification documentation for a SoC/IP block area.
What you will learn and contribute to
They are looking for an engineer with an architect level of experience in RTL verification activities.
- An engineer who can: define verification strategies and methodologies for projects; plan, coordinate and lead verification people; efficiently utilize System Verilog and UVM in test environment, reuse and VIP development; guide, teach and support less experienced verification engineers in debugging our SoC or IP design and architectures, e.g. in Digital Radio Front End (DFE) area.
- A person who can lead verification architecture topics in our Digital Front End SoC activities.
- You have a hungry mind to learn more and you are excited doing a variety of different kinds of design and verification tasks as part of your job.
- You are always ready to share your knowledge and skills among the people you work with.
- You are a team worker but also efficient on independent tasks, and your English language skills allow you communicate efficiently in their multicultural environment
- You have a passion to develop the best possible verification architecture and ability to establish realistic intermediate steps to achieve the same in phases.
As part of their team, you will:
- Technical lead of System-on-Chip verification architecture concepts
- Definition, implementation and maintenance of efficient verification reuse methodologies
- Guiding and helping other verification engineers/teams to follow best verification practices
- Review of functional, design and verification specifications for SoC/IP
- RTL verification environment and VIP development
- Prepares and reviews System-on-Chip verification architecture related documentations and applicable documents
- Cooperate with system engineers, HW/SW development, suppliers and other relevant functions to solve technical issues for quality.
- Supporting other RTL verification, integration and prototyping teams
- Support HW/SW Bring-up and debug
- Your skills and experience
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Over 12 years working experience in RTL verification, in multiple domains, like: IP, Subsystem, SoC
- Good understanding of digital signal processing and related mathematics
- Expert with SystemVerilog, UVM and RTL verification domain
- Understanding VHDL/Verilog language and design debugging methods
- Understanding of emulation and pre-silicon validation
- Excellent knowledge of SoC (ASIC/FPGA/low level SW) design and verification tools.
- Basic understanding of Cellular networks and 2G, 3G, LTE and 5G technology
- Team and people management experience
- Fluent spoken and written English
What they offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes for up to 3 days a week remotely or even permanent remote working agreement within Finland, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
They have gym with sauna and possibility to take part on group exercises e.g. kettlebell, fitness boxing or body care classes. You are included to our incentive plan and are accompanied by your own Buddy throughout your On boarding process. Not to mention support provided by your multinational team members.
For senior positions we offer Company Car Benefit and our international hires are supported with extensive relocation package. In addition, we offer 3 month paid leave for a newborn or adopted child´s parent and extensive learning possibilities to extend your professional skills to the desired direction.
Study and work in Finland – Oulu, Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognition for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
- At Nokia, they act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
We look forward to receiving your application!