Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here, will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. They challenge themselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring their authentic selves to work.
To strengthen their teams, they are looking for
IP / SUBSYSTEM DESIGN LEAD
The team you'll be part of
- Their Mobile Networks Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G they have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
- You will be part of their Digital Front End (DFE) ASIC team where more than 100 professionals are working on Nokia ReefShark family of System-on-Chips (SoC): ReefShark | Nokia Networks
- They are responsible of custom silicon which is a key element in their strategy to gain technology leadership in 5G networks. Nokia working with state-of-the art tools and have access to latest silicon technologies. Their team is diverse with different nationalities represented. Working language is English.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- You’ll be working with latest SoC based technologies for 5G base stations. As part of your daily work, you will solve complex technical issues with your project colleagues.
- Contribute as a design lead for one of our SoC/IP development projects
- Prepare and review of functional and design specification for SoC/IP as well as verify logic functionality and code design/implementation
- Coding of SoC/IP functionality from top-level down to block level
- Verification and simulation of needed functionality on block level
- Support HW/SW Bring-up and debug
- You are ready to share your knowledge and skills with the people you work with.
- You are a team player but can also work independently.
- You communicate well in a multi-cultural team in English.
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- A strong background, 8+ years, in architecture and specification work related to ASIC
- Strong hands-on experience from SoC development and several years of VHDL/Verilog coding experience
- Ability to understand and handle bigger entities and dependencies between them
- Ability to see the forest for the trees in complex technical issues and explain them to project colleagues.
- Complete understanding of the SoC design flow and process.
What they offer
- Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes for up to 3 days a week remotely or even permanent remote working agreement within Finland, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
- They have gym with sauna and possibility to take part on group exercises e.g. kettlebell, fitness boxing or body care classes. You are included to their incentive plan and are accompanied by your own Buddy throughout your On boarding process.
- Not to mention support provided by your multinational team members.
- For senior positions they offer Company Car Benefit, and our international hires are supported with extensive relocation package.
- In addition, they offer 3 month paid leave for a newborn or adopted child´s parent and extensive learning possibilities to extend your professional skills to the desired direction.
- Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognition for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, they act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
They are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
We look forward to receiving your application!